This alarm indicates that your VersaTile battery is running very low. Please note: VersaTile blinks red 20 times quickly if a button is pressed. When the battery is low, your equipment may be unable to connect to WiFi or sync data properly with VersaHub. We recommend replacing the batteries as soon as possible.
Battery life can change based on how frequently VersaTile is set to record or sync data to VersaHub.
The issue could be caused by a few different reasons. Here are a few potential causes and troubleshooting steps you can try:
What you'll need
- A small Phillips screwdriver
- Two new AA batteries
- Unmount your VersaTile and locate the battery compartment on the back.
- Use a small Phillips screwdriver to remove the two screws and gently pry it open.
- Carefully remove the old batteries from the battery compartment. Be sure to dispose of them properly, as batteries can be harmful to the environment if not disposed of correctly.
- Before inserting the new batteries, take a moment to inspect the battery compartment for any dirt or debris to ensure the new batteries make good contact and the equipment functions properly. Use a dry cloth or a small brush to gently remove any dirt or debris.
- Once the battery compartment is clean, insert two new AA batteries. Make sure that the batteries are new and oriented correctly with the positive and negative ends facing the right direction.
- Close the battery compartment and secure it with the two screws. Make sure not to over-tighten when fastening the screws.
- Check that your VersaTile low battery message is no longer there.
Causes for Low Battery:
- Versatile is in constant or frequent alarm state. When in alarm state, the VersaTile wakes up and reports more frequently.
- Recording and syncing intervals are set aggressively.
- Note: A faster sync interval does not impact how quickly an alarm is received. VersaTile will wake up and sync with VersaHub when it senses an alarm threshold has been breached.
- Low temperature use. Extreme low temperatures have an impact on battery life.
- Battery type: Energizer Ultimate Lithum AA batteries are highly recommended for cold performance and longer life. Normal Alkaline batteries will provide significantly shorter battery life
If you are still experiencing difficulties with your commercial equipment, contact its manufacturer.
If you are still experiencing difficulties with your VersaHub smart equipment, contact our support team.. VersaHub is not liable for any damage or malfunctions of equipment resulting from the use of its products or services.