This alarm indicates that your VersaHub WiFi-enabled commercial equipment detected humidity levels under the desired range.
Low humidity can cause food to dry out and become dehydrated, which can affect its quality and taste, as well causing some foods, such as fruits and vegetables, to lose weight due to the loss of moisture. It can also increase the risk of electrostatic discharge, which can damage electronic equipment and potentially cause fires.
The issue could be caused by a few different reasons. Here are a few potential causes and troubleshooting steps you can try:
- Keep the storage area clean and well-ventilated to help reduce humidity levels.
- Keep the storage area clean and well-ventilated to help increase humidity levels.
- Store dry goods in airtight containers to keep them fresh and protect them from humidity.
- Check the door seals: Make sure the door seals are properly sealing the door shut. If the seals are damaged or not sealing properly, this can allow dry air to enter the refrigeration equipment and decrease the humidity inside.
- Check the humidity control settings: Some refrigeration equipment has a humidity control setting that allows you to adjust the relative humidity inside the unit. Make sure the humidity control is set to the appropriate level for the type of
- food or products being stored.
- Check the evaporator coils: If the evaporator coils are dirty or frosted over, this can reduce their ability to absorb heat and moisture from the air inside the refrigeration equipment. Clean or defrost the coils as needed.
- Check the condenser coils: If the condenser coils are dirty or blocked, this can reduce their ability to release heat and moisture from the refrigeration system. Clean the coils as needed.
- Check the drainage system: If the drainage system is clogged or not functioning properly, this can cause a lack of moisture in the refrigeration equipment. Clean the drainage system and check for any blockages or leaks.
- If you are unable to identify and resolve the issue on your own, it may be necessary to seek the help of a qualified electrician or equipment technician. Unplug your equipment and contact a repair technician or the manufacturer for further assistance. We recommend adding a maintenance task in VersaHub, which allows you to set a reminder and keep track of the status and costs of the repair.
VersaTile: While an alert is active, battery usage increases due to rapid syncing until resolved.
If you are still experiencing difficulties with your commercial equipment, contact its manufacturer.
If you are still experiencing difficulties with your VersaHub smart equipment, contact our support team.. VersaHub is not liable for any damage or malfunctions of equipment resulting from the use of its products or services.